Big Ear Radio Observatory
Professional Volunteer Staff
- John Ayotte
- Industrial Designer, Frigidaire Corp.
- Ken Ayotte
- Physics student at OSU, winner of many Science
awards in Radio Astronomy in high school.
- Phil Barnhart
- Professor emeritus at
Otterbein College. Former Chair of the Physics
and Astronomy Department. Ph.D., Astronomy, OSU.
- Mike Brooks
- Electrical Engineer in telecommunications networks,
Lucent Technologies. BSEE and MS CIS, OSU.
Wrote MS thesis on Radio Observatory research.
Formerly Research Scientist at Battelle Institute.
- Cindy Brooman
- Principal of Point & Click Software, Inc.
a provider of Web-based applications. Winner of 1998
City of Delaware public service award.
BA Chemistry, Botany and German, Ohio Wesleyan Univ.
Graduate studies in Biochemistry, OSU.
Formerly with Ohio Dept of Education and OSU
College of Medicine.
- Steve Brown
- Chief Engineer. Ph.D. student in Electrical
Engineering. Currently writing dissertation
on the Argus array.
- Angelo Campanella
- Principal of Campanella Associates, an
acoustical consulting company. BS Physics, MS Physics/EE
Ph.D., Physics/EE, Penn State. 40 years experience in
system design, field testing and data processing.
- Russ Childers
- Electrical Engineer. BSEE, MSEE, MBA, OSU.
MS thesis on research at the Radio Observatory.
- Bob Dixon
- Assistant Director of the Radio Observatory, and director
of the Argus and SETI projects. Senior Research Engineer at
University Technology Services, Ohio State University, where he
develops Internet-based audio and video services, and wireless
computer networks. B.S. and M.S. Electrical Engineering, University
of Wisconsin. Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Ohio State University.
- Jerry Ehman
- Retired Professor; five degrees (Physics,
Astronomy (2, including Ph. D. in Radio Astronomy from
Michigan), Business Administration, Management Science).
OSU Faculty in Electrical Engineering.
Franklin University Faculty in Division of
Management Science (chairman of that division for 4.5 years).
- Dan Fleisch
- Chief Scientist, Lintek Corp., a manufacturer
of high-tech Radar systems. Ph.D., Electrical
- Clive Goodall
- SETI Philosopher. B.A. Honors Philosophy, Stirling University, Scotland.
M.A. Philosophy, OSU. Currently developing "The Harmonising Picture". Clive's
telephone number is: 011-44-131-2251718.
- Tom Hanson
Tom Hanson joined the Radio Observatory volunteers in the early 1990's,
when Tom Van HOrne served as volunteer recruiter. He and Tom Hanson shared
interests in science fiction, technology, space development and electronic
communications. It was a natural transition to add SETI to the shared
interests. Tom Hanson led a multiyear effort to collect punched card data
on a CDROM. The project was supported by every member of the volunteers,
as well as numerous others. After retiring from National City Bank in
1998, Tom has pursued computer consulting as a new career direction.
- Paul Hurm
- Computer Teacher - SABIS International School of Cincinnati.
BS Education, MS Education, Miami Univ.
- Harry Kitchen
- BSEE Ohio University, firmware and signal processing
engineer; instructor in C and UNIX.
- Herb Johnson
- BSEE from OSU in 1976. Helped compile a review of the 50-channel SETI
survey data of 1975-85; assisted in re-reading Ohio Survey and SETI
survey card data to compile a CD-ROM; edited various reports, lectures,
etc. into a slide show and as "Big Ear Surveys" descriptions and photos
on the Bigear.org site. Documented technical features and methods of Big
Ear surveys to provide a "trail" for later use of that data.
- Ron Leeseberg
- Retired High School Science teacher.
- Marilyn McConnell-Goelz
- Attorney at Law, JD OSU, BA Miami University.
- Cheryl J. Mason-Middleton
- Library Media Tech. for the Black Studies Library, The Ohio State University Libraries. BFA, Design, Arizona State University.
- Jody McKean
- Earl Phillips
- Owner of Phillips Design, an Internet web design
- Chris Slack
- Computer Engineer, Technical Leadership Program,
GE Medical Systems.
BS Computer Engineering, Clarkson University
Pursuing M.S. Elect. & Computer Eng., Marquette University
OSU Radio Observatory Jansky Intern, 1993
- Mark Sundstrom
- Computing Entrepeneur. Co-founder of Aldus
software corp. and Co-author of Aldus Pagemaker.
- Bob Tournoux
- Senior Software Engineer for ABB Industrial Systems.
BSEE, OSU. Owner of Starlight Technology Systems.
Copyright © 1996-2004 Ohio State University Radio Observatory and North
American AstroPhysical Observatory.
Originally designed by Point & Click Software, Inc.
Last modified: September 21, 2004.